The next stage of the Australia study process from Nepal is the GTE Assessment. The genuine temporary entrant (GTE) requirement is an integrity assessment that is applicable to all applicants for a student visa. Students must provide evidence to substantiate that they are coming to Australia temporarily to gain a quality education and intend to use the student visa program for its intended purpose only and not as a channel to gain residency in Australia.
Once you have received the offer letter, the GTE Application is processed. It is one of the most important parts of your process for studying in Australia. Without a positive GTE Assessment, you cannot move forward with your visa application.
What does a GTE assessment constitute?
A GTE assessment takes into account the following factors:
- Circumstances in the home country
- Potential Situation in Australia
- Value of the course to the student's future
- Immigration history
Documents Required for GTE Assessment
- GTE Application forms
Birth Certificate/Passports (All pages of passport, including current, expired, or canceled)
- English language proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL/PTE)
- Education and Employment details (Academic transcripts and work experience certificates)
- Details of marital status (Certificate of marriage, photos, etc in case married)
- Immigration history (Copy of visa, Visa refusals, withdrawals, and cancellations)
Statement of Purpose
- Details of financial capacity (Relationship certificate, fixed assets evaluation, fixed deposits or Education loan, Income sources of sponsor)
- Additional documents may be asked case to case basis.