The statement of purpose is a very important document as a part of your application for offer which provides the university an insight into your thought process and your career goals. An Statement of Purpose should cover the following aspects:
- Reasons for choosing Canada over your home country and other countries
- Reason for choosing the course and how it interlinks with your current education and future career plans
- Reason for choosing to pursue this course abroad
- Future goals and career plans after completing the course
- Other relevant information to your application
You must write the statement of purpose in your own words. A statement of purpose copied from the internet holds no value and often leads to admission and visa refusals.