Skip to main content

Part time jobs in the UK

Edupark Asia -  Part time jobs

Job opportunities in the UK for Nepalese students

As a Nepalese student, you may want to consider working part time during your studies in the UK. There are many ways in which you can gain work experience to develop and showcase your skills for e.g. finding a part time jobs, placements and internships and others. Working part time is an excellent way to use your free time and get some experience in addition to earning some pocket money to help ease some of your expenses.

If you have a TIER 4 (general) or TIER 4 (child) visa, you can work part time (20 hours/week) during your studies provided that you: a) are studying at a publicly -funded university or college b) are studying a course at NQF level 6 (degree level) and above c) are over 16 years of age.

It is important to note that there may be certain limits on the type of work you can do and the number of hours you can work during your studies.  Most students work 20 hours/per week during lecture days and full-time during vacations. It is possible to work either on campus or off-campus. Based on your skills, you may be able to find jobs in the administration

You can find these work or volunteering opportunities through:

  • your university careers service
  • the students’ union
  • your own network of friends and acquaintances
  • local businesses, which may advertise on job websites, in local newspapers or in shop windows
  • recruitment agencies
  • Online job portals for part time jobs for student jobs

Post Study work in the UK

If you want to stay and work in the UK after you finish your study, you’ll need to get a new visa first, or apply for a visa extension.

The three most common visas available to international students are the Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur), Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Temporary Worker).

Graduate route

All students accepted for the Graduate route will receive 2 years non extendable leave.

During that time, they will be able to work or look for work at any skill level but won’t be able to access public funds and settlement rights will not be accrued. There will be a fee for this route, which will set out in due course. In addition, applications on this route will need to pay the immigration Health Surcharge. Graduates will be able to switch into skilled work if they find a job which meets the requirement of the skilled work route. 

This is available for students who have:

  • completed study at UG level (RGF 6) or above,
  • studied a Higher Education Provider
  • have a track record of compliance, and
  • have a valid Tier 4 visa at the time of application.

 The new route will be launched in the summer of 2021.

Why Choose Edupark Asia
for studying in the UK?

  • Huge number of universities all across the UK to choose from
  • Wide range of courses to choose from
  • Excellent assistance in course selection
  • Need based Consultation to help you manage your financials
  • Individual care and guidance on a personal level
  • Consultants with years of experience to help you throughout your journey
  • Very High level of clients’ satisfaction and privacy at the heart of what we do