Skip to main content

Visa Information

Edupark Asia -  Visa Information

Study visa requirements in the USA

Here we have compiled all the information that you need to know about study visa requirements for studying in the USA.

Please read carefully. The U.S. Government offers three different student visa types:
  • F1 Student Visa: Students applying for a program that requires more than 18 hours of study in a week require an F1 visa. Spouses or children accompanying F-1 visa recipients will travel on an F-2 visa. Please note that spouses are not able to work but may accompany and/or apply for their own visa to the U.S. to work or study.
  • J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: The J-1 Exchange visitor visa is for students, visiting scholars or lecturers pursuing an exchange program. 
  • M-1 Student Visa: Vocational study/ Non-Academic Student Visa/Training in the U.S.

If you wish to engage in academic studies in the United States at an approved school, such as an accredited U.S. college or university, private secondary school, or approved English language program then you need an F-1 visa. This is the most common type of student visa.

In case of Visa Rejection:

You will receive a letter explaining why the application was rejected, the reasons might include:
  • Not enough funds were shown by you that can support your expenses in the USA.
  • You failed to convince the visa officer the reasons for you choosing the USA to study.
  • You failed to convince the visa officer that you would leave USA after completion of your study.

Steps of visa application:

Students should bring the following with them to the visa appointment.
  • Passport
  • Required photo(s)
  • Visa fee or proof of visa fee payment ($160)
  • Federal SEVIS Fee payment receipt ($350)
  • US non-immigrant visa application form
  • Institutional admission letter
  • Institution-issued SEVIS I-20
  • Test scores and academic records
  • Proof of English proficiency
  • Proof of financial support
  • Evidence of ties to the home country
*Notary Attested with English translation of Nepali documents required.

How to Apply for student visa:

Step 1

Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form.

Step 2

Pay the visa application fee.

Step 3

Schedule your appointment on this web page. You will need the following information in order to schedule your appointment: Your passport number. The receipt number from your Visa Fee receipt. The ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page

Step 4

Visit the U.S. Embassy or Consulate on the date and time of your visa interview. You must bring a printed copy of your appointment letter, your DS-160 confirmation page, one photograph taken within the last six months, your current and all old passports, and the original visa fee payment receipt. Applications without all of these items will not be accepted.

Supporting Documents for Spouses.

Applicants with spouses must also provide: Proof of the student's relationship to his or her spouse and/or child (e.g., marriage and birth certificates). It is preferred that families apply for their visas at the same time, but if the spouse and/or child must apply separately at a later time, they should bring a copy of the student visa holder’s passport and visa, along with all other required documents.

Documents checklist for Spouses

  • Passport, US visa fee receipt and interview appointment letter.
  • Individual Form I-20 is original approved and signed by the University authority.
  • A copy of the Form I-20 of the Principal Applicant.
  • Photocopy of the Principal Applicant's valid visa (if applying separately).
  • Original Marriage Certificate (for spouse) along with your entire wedding photo album.
  • Original Birth certificate (for each child).
  • Additional financial resources to support the dependents while in the United States.

Why choose Edupark Asia for studying in the USA?

Edupark Asia offers you excellent study options for your higher education in USA no matter whether you want to study Diploma, Bachelor or Master. Here are few reasons why you should choose to study in USA with Edupark Asia.

Shaping outstanding careers

We have already helped shape world class outstanding careers of more than 1000s of students in different countries. You can be assured of the best career advice for your study abroad on day one.

Decade of experience

People at Edupark Asia have years of experience in supporting students for their study abroad and test preparation wishes and have proven track record in education consulting in Nepal.

Professional consultants

Edupark Asia is a team of professional consultants who believe in quality work and top class advising services to students interested in studying abroad for a better future.

Free IELTS Preparation

We offer the best possible Intensive IELTS/PTE Preparation and ensure that you have the required IELTS/PTE score to help you apply for your chosen degree programs in USA.

Zero Processing fees

We do not charge anything for consultation, offer and the visa processes. Our university and visa application process is very transparent which helps you save a lot.

Excellent Support

We provide excellent support for your applications and throughout the process and even after your arrival in Australia which helps you a smooth start of your studies from Day 1.